Thursday, December 13, 2007

How I Write

When I first started this class I thought it was going hate this class. I really enjoy writing but, I hate that you need to go back edit all my error but now I understand why I need to fix my problems so that my paper is the best that it can be. I have learned a lot about my writing process. For the first paper I didn’t do a very good job on prewriting I just sat down at the computer and typed what I was thinking about. I did the same for most of my paper and honestly it shows because on the evaluation paper that we had to do. I found that if I work hard on my pre writing process that it helps me make my paper stronger by giving a clearer point of what I want people to get out of my paper. I think that I still have a lot of grammar issues that could easily be fixed by just reading my paper out loud and truly reading it word for word and not just filling in the words that are suppose to be there. You have told me many times to read my papers out loud and I can easily notice the grammar errors that have been in all my papers. To be honest I would say that the research paper was the hardest paper that I wrote ever. I find it extremely hard for me to read something and turn things around to put them in my own words. Also the MLA format for citing other peoples work is hard not only for me but I am sure for other. I don’t think that I will ever truly understand what is expected from me I will still have to talk with the teacher and have them explain it in more details. The one thing that I will try to continue on is grammar. This is an on going issuer that in order to turn in 4.0 papers I will have to take extra time and work on them constantly.
Like I said before the evaluation paper was the only paper that I worked on a writing process for. So for that paper I started off by writing down some things that I remembered from the movie and then from there I wrote down what I wanted to get across to my readers. Once I had that all figured out I watched the movie and paid close attention to detail names, scenes, EST. From there I wrote down some additional information that I found interesting and moved things around to make it work in my paper. Before I wrote the paper I sat down and wrote the beginning and looked over that a few times to see if that is how I wanted it. Once I made my final decision I wrote my paper. I found that this process worked so much better than just writing what I thought. My paper had fewer errors and flowed much better. There are many ways that I could improve my writing papers but, the ones that are some huge issues that concern you as well as me. My prewriting process is one thing that I need to do for all my papers. I believe that my reflection paper could have been a 4.0 paper easily if I would have taken the time to do a pre write and work on common errors that I find in most of my papers. I will try to give my self more time to work on my papers and not wait until the last minute to write papers. I do procrastinate most of the time but as you see in my papers that if I could have given myself one day to work on pre writing and reading papers then I would have saved you a lot of ink in you pen.
I really enjoyed this class as a whole and am looking forward to speaking with you in the future about some choices that I should take in order to get the best advise on what I should do on my papers as well as on the education program.

4 comments:

Dave DeBaker said...

You know what you need to work on, now it's just a matter of doing that consistently. It could be that you're not giving yourself enough time to fit in all the other things you need to in order to turn in a smooth paper. You have got to work on your editing issues. It's 100% the thing that could hold you back down the line. Find a buddy who's good in english, a relative, or go to the CSS and get help when you get to that stage. If you work hard to find your errors you'll stop making them.

buy review literature said...

The information was overall very useful for me, thanks a lot.

Anonymous said...

santa dating http://loveepicentre.com/faq/ christian singles dating missouri
dating internet directorise [url=http://loveepicentre.com/articles/]dating telegraph[/url] dating the calendar
ohio transvestite dating dayton lima [url=http://loveepicentre.com/advice/]dating site in usa[/url] adult personals dating [url=http://loveepicentre.com/user/Babygirl2010/]Babygirl2010[/url] start your own dating site

Anonymous said...

interracial dating in virginia http://loveepicentre.com/contact/ ubique love dating
free dating service christian 20 [url=http://loveepicentre.com/contact/]russian dating new sites[/url] dating online dating online
the manual women dating [url=http://loveepicentre.com/faq/]australian sex dating sites[/url] seek and love dating service [url=http://loveepicentre.com/user/jerryb88/]jerryb88[/url] lesbians dating site